LACCCB 2018 Travel Award
Deadline: April 15, 2018
Ten $500.00 USD scholarships will be provided to defray expenses associated with travel to the Latin America and Caribbean Congress for Conservation Biology (LACCCB 2018) in Trinidad and Tobago. Allowable expenses would thus be applicable to airfare, lodging, food, and local travel. The award cannot be applied to costs associated with registration or field trips.
Travel awards support the travel of awardees from Latin America and the Caribbean region (LACA) to participate in LACCCB 2018. Selection criteria of awardees are based on the scientific quality of the submitted abstract, professional trajectory and achievements based on the degree of applicant, the cover letter and justification of financial need. Travel Awards will be disbursed ONLY to applicants whose submissions have been approved/accepted. Priority will be given to students from the LACA region, but postdocs and senior scientists will be considered for awards as well.
- Undergraduates, graduate students, postdoctoral scientists and senior scientists are eligible to apply.
- Applicant must be a current Society for Conservation Biology member, as well as a member of the Latin American and the Caribbean (LACA) section at the time of submitted abstracts. Applications must include the SCB Membership ID number.
- Applicant must be a presenting author on an accepted abstract to LACCCB 2018
- Applications are to be submitted prior to knowing whether the abstract under consideration has been accepted for LACCCB 2018.
- Abstract submitted in English
- Nomination Letter – A nomination letter may be written by a professor, advisor, mentor, employer, or head of the department.
Senior scientists may submit a letter of recommendation from a colleague
- Cover letter (no more than 1 page) -- A statement introducing yourself, and your work. Also, you must include a justification (explanation) for financial need.
- CV (no more than 2 pages) -- Including achievements, publications, education, professional experience.
- Submit all materials to LACCCB2018@conbio.org with the explicit subject line “TRAVEL AWARD APPLICATION”.
Please email any questions to LACCCB2018@conbio.org